RABINDRA SINGH BANIYA is active in Nepali theatre since1999, As an actor and director. He worked at Aarohan Gurukul Theatre, Nepal from 2006 to 2012. He has participated in a number of National and International Theatre festivals & workshops. Mr. Baniya worked for BBC Media Action Nepal as a Radio Drama Producer. Talakjung VS Tulke (Nepal's Foreign Language Oscar Submission 88th Academy Awards) is his debut Nepali feature film as a Producer.
Jatra(Producer/Actor), Pashupati Prasad (actor), White Sun (Actor) and Jatrai Jatra(Producer/Actor) are his recent works. He At present he is involved with his own company Shatkon Arts Pvt. Ltd.
||Goldhunga-1, Kathmandu, Nepal
- B.A. Tri-Chandra College, Kathmandu.
- P.C.L. Passed from Shaheed Smriti Campus, Ratnanagar, Chitwan
- Three months Acting Training in Pariwartan Nepal, Kathmandu (2000).
- Six months Acting Training in National Theatre Sanskritik Sansthan, Jamal, Kathmandu (2002).
- Three months Photography/Videography training from Kantipur Photography and Videography, Putalisadak, Kathmandu (2001).
- Art Management workshop 6-19 Feb. 2006 by Gunner thon Lossius Norway.
- Light and Set Design 22 Feb. to Mar.11, 2006 by Marianne Th. Wedset and Halene D. Sunde Norway.
- First Meeting with the Dynamic Text 'Hamlet (William Shekspare) 6th -19th Dec. 2006 by Morten Krogh Asst. Professor The High School of Art Oslo, Norway.
- Body & Voice 19th Feb. to 1st March 2007 by Jacque Matthiessen Director Denmark.
- Scenography 23 to 31 Dec. 2007 by Carle Lange Associate Professor Scenography Ostfold University College Norway.
- Legislative Theatre, 23 to 29 Jan 2008 by Julian Boal G.T.O. Paris France.
Fourom Theatre week on 21st- 25th Nov. 2011,by Adrian Jackson Cardboard Citizen Toynbee Studios, London E1 6AB
Rainbow of the Desire Forum Theatre: workshop lead by Bárbara Santos at KURINGA in Barlin Germany 2011
- Worked as an Actor cum Marketing Officer in Aarohan-Gurukul School of theatre, Old Baneswor from 2006 to 2012
- Worked as a Radio Drama Writer/Director in BBC Media Action Nepal, from 2013-2014.
- Fire in The Monastery (Abhi Subedi, Dir. Sunil Pokharel)
- Oedipus Rex (Sophocles, Dir. Sunil Pokheral)
- Dr.Knock (Jules Romains, Dir. Sunil Pokheral)
- Jiwan Dekhi Jeewan Samma (Abhi Subedi, Dir. Sunil Pokheral)
- Tara Baji Lai Lai (Director Morton Crog, Norway), Master Builder (Henerik Isban Director: Sunil Pokharel), Jaat Sodhnu Jogiko (Bijay Tendulkar, Director: Anup Baral),
- Ghanchakkar (10th Bharat Rangmahotsav, National School of Drama, Delhi, India 2008 Sajiv Upreti, Director: Sunil Pokharel.)
- Dream of Maya Devi (Deso Bideso Natya Mela Baharampur, India 2007.
- Les Justes: 2011(Albert Camus, Dir.Sunil Pokharel)
- Desire Under the Elms (2011) (Eugene O’ Neill, Dir. Deborah Merola)
- Caucasian Chalk Circle -2010(Bertold Brecht, Dir. Max Webster/Mia Theil Have)
- Pani Photo (Dir. Khagendra Lamichhane)
- Song of Sorrow: Patumthani International Theatre Festival-2009, Patumthani,Thailand/Edinburgh Fringe Festival Scotland-8-14 August 2009
- 'Prajatantra' (2000) "Janata ko Prajantatra, Ujayalo Bhabishya, Hosiyar, For New Nepal.
- Act more than 20 Street Dramas in more than 200 places about social issues all over Nepal.
- Awarded as a Supporting Role Artist in Regional Drama Competitions-2005 organised by National Theatre Sanskritik Sansthan at Narayani Kala Mandir Chitwan (2005).
- Awarded As a Best Character Artist in Regional Drama Competitions-2006 organized by National Theatre Sanskritik Sansthan at Pokhara (2006).
- Drama: Bhoko Ghar- 2000 (National Theatre), Tyo Ghar (National Drama Festival-2006, Jagaran (Traffic Awareness Week-2002) , Sipahi ra Salik (Arohan National Theatre Festival-2007) . .. for tomorrow- environment awareness campain-2007)
- Ladai- Asmita Theatre Festival Delhi, India-2010
- Jamunko Rukh: Children Theatre Festivel-2011-Win Best Director)
Chief Executive/Artistic Director, Shatkon Arts. Pvt. Ltd.
SHATKON ARTS Established in 2006 A.D. deriving its name from a hexagon (Shatkon in Sanskrit). Its main objective is to develop theatre and film culture by enhancing professionalism. We understand our mission is to contribute in expansion of Nepali art forms and culture in international arena through theater and films. Shatkon as an organization was established by dedicate media professionals which constitutes of well experienced individuals who have remarkable journey in Nepal’s theatre fraternity. We aspire to be a robust platform for young and creative minds to enrich Nepal’s art and culture.
Shatkon Arts has performed its plays in various national and international theatre festivals. They are - Aarohan National Theatre Festival (2007), Kathmandu International Theatre Festival (2008), Patumthani International Theatre Festival, Thailand (2009) and Edinburgh Fringe Festival, Scotland (2009). At present Shatkon’s major project is production of Nepali feature film Talakjung Vs Tulke.